What Safety Features Does the Community Offer?
We take safety very seriously. All exterior doors are secure with key access only outside of normal business hours. Every resident room has its own emergency response system, so if anyone falls in their room or has a medical episode, they can call for help immediately. We also have fire prevention systems in place.
Are You Licensed?
We are a licensed Level 2 Residential Care Facility in the state of Nevada. This means we can cater for residents who are nursing home-eligible, but we can’t accept seniors who are bedridden or who need 24-hour nursing care.
What is the Staff to Resident Ratio?
Our staff to resident ratio is approximately 9:1, which means we can offer a high level of care to our residents.
Are there Any Special Features Outdoors?
Reno Valley Assisted Living & Retirement Center is located opposite Dick Taylor Memorial Park in Reno, Nevada, which is beautiful all year round. The community is attractively landscaped and well-maintained. There are large interior courtyards shaded by many mature trees where residents can sit and enjoy the fresh air on a warm day. There are two peaceful covered porches facing the park, a large fenced-in grass area for walking and pets.
How Does the Community Take Care of Residents?
Reno Valley looks after you in many different ways, so you can enjoy your senior years free from stress and anxiety:
- Medication management for seniors – we take care of medication storage; passing of medication and pharmacy ordering can be managed by our medication technicians.
- Housekeeping – resident rooms will be deep cleaned weekly
- Laundry – residents’ laundry service is available weekly
- Breakfast/lunch/dinner & snacks are provided in the community and hot/cold drinks are available all day in the activity room
- Transportation – there is a handy community bus available for transportation, which is scheduled with our driver
We also offer ongoing educational programs, as well as opportunities to attend special events, which create an uplifting and engaging atmosphere in the community